Who is behind this course?
This course was created by Petri Kainulainen. Petri has over 15 years of experience from building web applications with the Java programming language, and he is specialized in software development with the Spring Framework. Petri is also the author of the Spring Data book, and he writes a popular Java blog that attracted over 1,2 million visitors in 2015.
Get more information about Petri:
What are the prerequisites of this course?
This course has three prerequisites:
- You must have some experience from Spring Framework because this course doesn't cover the basics of Spring Framework or Spring Boot.
- You should have some experience from JUnit. This course provides a quick introduction to JUnit, but the lessons assume that you have written at least some tests with it.
- You must have some experience from Maven or Gradle. This course explains how you can run unit, integration, and end-to-end tests with Maven or Gradle, but it doesn't explain the basic concepts of these tools.
What JUnit version is used on this course?
This course uses JUnit 4 because when I started recording this course, the JUnit 5 team had just released the first alpha version of JUnit 5. In other words, I couldn't use it because its APIs were not frozen.
That being said, I will monitor the development of JUnit 5, and add new lessons into this course after I have released all packages of this course and used JUnit 5 in a real software project.
I am a Java EE Developer. Is this course useful to me?
If you want to learn how to write automated tests for Spring web applications, this course is definitely useful to you. However, if you want to learn how to write automated tests for Java EE applications, you should not buy this course.
Is this a video course?
This course provides the material by using two different methods:
- Videos. Most of the lessons have a video that demonstrates how you can achieve the goals of the lesson. These videos concentrate on writing code and they don't have many slides. There are a few lessons that don't have a video because these lessons don't have any code.
- Text. All lessons have a blog post that describes how you can achieve the goals of the lesson. These blog posts contain the same information as the videos, and they provide links to other related resources.
In other words, you can purchase this course even if you prefer reading text over watching videos.
Do you have sample lessons?
Of course. The following topics can be accessed without purchasing this course:
- Introduction to JUnit 4
- Introduction to Unit Testing
- Introduction to Integration Testing
- Introduction to End-to-End Testing
- Introduction to Spock Framework
I plan to release more sample lessons in the future.
Can I study on my own pace?
Yes. After you have purchased a package, you can access it indefinitely. There is no time limit, and you can watch the lessons as many times as you want.
Do the videos have captions?
No. I will probably add them in the future when I have time to investigate this matter further.
Can I watch the lessons of a package even if the package has not been released?
Yes. I will publish every lesson after it's done. This means that you can naturally watch it after I have published it.
Can I share my user account with another person?
No. When you purchase a package, you get a personal license that grants you (and only you) access to the lessons and other materials.
Can I upgrade my package?
Yes. If you want to upgrade your package, you have to contact support because the system cannot handle this automatically. When you upgrade your package, you have to pay the difference between your new package and old package.
Also, since I appreciate my early buyers, the price of the new package depends from the moment you bought your old package. For example, if you bought a starter package with 50% discount, and you want to upgrade to master package, the 50% discount is applied to the price of the master package as well.
Can I have my money back?
I offer a 30 day money back guarantee. If you are not satisfied, just contact support within 30 days of your purchase, and you will receive a refund. No questions asked.
Which credit cards do you accept?
I use Stripe as a payment Gateway. Because my company is located in Europe, I can accept Visa, Mastercard, and American Express.